Cognitive Regime Shift I - When the Brain Breaks/CaterinaGratton
Notes by user Caterina Gratton (Northwestern Univ.) for Cognitive Regime Shift I - When the Brain Breaks
1+ paragraphs on any combination of the following:
- Presentation highlights
- Open questions that came up
- How your perspective changed
- Impact on your own work
- e.g. the discussion on [A] that we are having reminds me of [B] conference/[C] initiative/[D] funding call-for-proposal/[E] research group
One discussion that emerged after the talk was the question of what the right level of analysis was for understanding brain dysfunction in aging and PD, and what form of causal argument or mechanism can be derived from these network descriptions of brain organization and dysfunction. A very interesting direction to go would be to create more theoretically driven models of brain dysfunction in PD, that might explain the disconnect between the functional network effects and known pathology in the disease. These models could then be tested in future experiments.
Reference material notes
- Here is [A] database on [B] that I pull data from to do [C] analysis that might be of interest to this group (insert link).
- Here is a free tool for calculating [ABC] (insert link)
- This painting/sculpture/forms of artwork is emblematic to our discussion on [X]!
- Schwartz et al. 2017 offers a review on [ABC] migration as relate to climatic factors (add the reference as well).
Here are some references to our work that I discussed which could be relevant:
|Title||Author name||Source name||Year||Citation count From Scopus. Refreshed every 5 days.||Page views||Related file|
|Precision Functional Mapping of Individual Human Brains||Evan M. Gordon, Timothy O. Laumann, Adrian W. Gilmore, Dillan J. Newbold, Deanna J. Greene, Jeffrey J. Berg, Mario Ortega, Catherine Hoyt-Drazen, Caterina Gratton, Haoxin Sun, Jacqueline M. Hampton, Rebecca S. Coalson, Annie L. Nguyen, Kathleen B. McDermott, Joshua S. Shimony, Abraham Z. Snyder, Bradley L. Schlaggar, Steven E. Petersen, Steven M. Nelson, Nico U.F. Dosenbach||Neuron||2017||320||8|
Presenter on the following Agenda items
- Related files