What is Sleep?/CeciliaDinizBehn
Notes by user Cecilia Diniz Behn (Colorado School of Mines) for What is Sleep?
1+ paragraphs on any combination of the following:
- Presentation highlights
- Open questions that came up
- How your perspective changed
- Impact on your own work
- e.g. the discussion on [A] that we are having reminds me of [B] conference/[C] initiative/[D] funding call-for-proposal/[E] research group
Big idea: consideration of multifactorial definition of and function of sleep
Susan Sara: Hippocampal ripples are important for memory consolidation; how would the timing of increased ripple density post-learning change with species and/or development? Can this be connected to brain size/networks involved in memory consolidation?
Reference material notes
- Here is [A] database on [B] that I pull data from to do [C] analysis that might be of interest to this group (insert link).
- Here is a free tool for calculating [ABC] (insert link)
- This painting/sculpture/forms of artwork is emblematic to our discussion on [X]!
- Schwartz et al. 2017 offers a review on [ABC] migration as relate to climatic factors (add the reference as well).
|Title||Author name||Source name||Year||Citation count From Scopus. Refreshed every 5 days.||Page views||Related file|
|Modeling the temporal architecture of rat sleep-wake behavior.||Cecilia G. Diniz Behn, Victoria Booth||Conference proceedings : ... Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference||2011||0||2|| Download
|Effects of thermoregulation on human sleep patterns a mathematical model||Selenne Bañuelos, Janet Best, Gemma Huguet, Alicia Prieto-Langarica, Pamela B. Pyzza, Markus H. Schmidt, Shelby Wilson||2015||0||4|| Download