Evolving Chemical Systems/OmerMarkovitch
Notes by user Omer Markovitch (Univ. Groningen) for Evolving Chemical Systems
1+ paragraphs on any combination of the following:
- Presentation highlights
- Open questions that came up
- How your perspective changed
- Impact on your own work
- e.g. the discussion on [A] that we are having reminds me of [B] conference/[C] initiative/[D] funding call-for-proposal/[E] research group
Reference material notes
- Here is [A] database on [B] that I pull data from to do [C] analysis that might be of interest to this group (insert link).
- Here is a free tool for calculating [ABC] (insert link)
- This painting/sculpture/forms of artwork is emblematic to our discussion on [X]!
- Schwartz et al. 2017 offers a review on [ABC] migration as relate to climatic factors (add the reference as well).
1) Markovitch et al. 2018: Addressing the 'bridge' between chemistry and biology by trying to apply biological tool on a chemical system showing replication.
2) Markovitch & Krasnogor, 2018: Demonstrates how a network can be analyzed in order to extract all potential 'species', in a dynamical context.
3) Gross et al. 2014: Shows how compositional replicators could be cast in terms of Eigen's Quasispecies, hence in principle are evolvable in the same way a quasispecies is.
4) Sadownik et al. 2016; An experimental system based on multiple (two) types of building block showed not only the emergence of a variety of replicators but also that some of these replicators emerged with the help of other replicators.
|Title||Author name||Source name||Year||Citation count From Scopus. Refreshed every 5 days.||Page views||Related file|
|Chemical Heredity as Group Selection at the Molecular Level||Omer Markovitch, Olaf Witkowski, Nathaniel Virgo||Molecular||2018||0||5|| Download (Encrypted)
|Diversification of self-replicating molecules||Jan W. Sadownik, Elio Mattia, Piotr Nowak, Sijbren Otto||Nature Chemistry||2016||0||6|| Download (Encrypted)
|Predicting species emergence in simulated complex pre-biotic networks||Omer Markovitch, Natalio Krasnogor||PLoS ONE||2018||0||4|| Download (Encrypted)
|Quasispecies in population of compositional assemblies||Renan Gross, Itzhak Fouxon, Doron Lancet, Omer Markovitch||BMC Evolutionary Biology||2014||0||1|| Download (Encrypted)