Evolution and climate variability
- Core Theory
- author-supplied keywords
- Richard Potts
- Evolution and climate variability
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
According to natural selection theory, major adaptive change depends on consistency in the effects of Darwinian selection. In his Perspective, Potts argues that another force is at work: variability selection, in which certain organisms adapt to wide fluctuations in environmental conditions.
- Citation count From Scopus. Refreshed every 5 days.
- Page views
- doi: 10.1126/science.273.5277.922 (Google search)
- issn: 00368075
- sgr: 0029833518
- scopus: 2-s2.0-0029833518
- pui: 26275159