Population and the Environment: Analytical Demography and Applied Population Ethics/NadiaFarooq
Notes by user Nadia Farooq (Pakistan Inst. Development Economics) for Population and the Environment: Analytical Demography and Applied Population Ethics
1+ paragraphs on any combination of the following:
- Presentation highlights
- Open questions that came up
- How your perspective changed
- Impact on your own work
- e.g. the discussion on [A] that we are having reminds me of [B] conference/[C] initiative/[D] funding call-for-proposal/[E] research group
It was a nicely designed course. It has developed a new sense of getting solutions with the help of complex modelling.
I am thinking to evolve a new model with the mixture of burning issue of climate change and increasing population growth into the macroeconomic model for Pakistan. I am sure that it’ll be unique with the addition of complexity.
Dr. Shenka’s presentation was very interesting, either as a citizen of South Asia, the outcomes were not unfamiliar to me but her way of presentation was amazing and easily understandable.
Reference material notes
- Here is [A] database on [B] that I pull data from to do [C] analysis that might be of interest to this group (insert link).
- Here is a free tool for calculating [ABC] (insert link)
- This painting/sculpture/forms of artwork is emblematic to our discussion on [X]!
- Schwartz et al. 2017 offers a review on [ABC] migration as relate to climatic factors (add the reference as well).