Aging and Adaptation in Infectious Diseases/AndrewPDobson
Notes by user Andrew P. Dobson (Princeton) for Aging and Adaptation in Infectious Diseases
1+ paragraphs on any combination of the following:
- Presentation highlights
- Open questions that came up
- How your perspective changed
- Impact on your own work
- e.g. the discussion on [A] that we are having reminds me of [B] conference/[C] initiative/[D] funding call-for-proposal/[E] research group
Really interesting set of talks that blended into a good set of discussions on projects the group could work on. There will be a big emphasis on human immunity and how it first gains 'experience' and then breaks down with age.
I'm likely to focus my attention on developing body sized scaled models for immune system. These could be both fairly simple models for immunity mainly capturing differences between Type I and Type II immunity, but then expanding this to take Jean Carlson's model for human immunity and rescale elements of this with host body size and BMR.
Reference material notes
- Here is [A] database on [B] that I pull data from to do [C] analysis that might be of interest to this group (insert link).
- Here is a free tool for calculating [ABC] (insert link)
- This painting/sculpture/forms of artwork is emblematic to our discussion on [X]!
- Schwartz et al. 2017 offers a review on [ABC] migration as relate to climatic factors (add the reference as well).
Presenter on the following Agenda items
- Related files