Population and the Environment: Analytical Demography and Applied Population Ethics/SimonLevin
Notes by user Simon Levin (Princeton) for Population and the Environment: Analytical Demography and Applied Population Ethics
1+ paragraphs on any combination of the following:
- Presentation highlights
- Open questions that came up
- How your perspective changed
- Impact on your own work
- e.g. the discussion on [A] that we are having reminds me of [B] conference/[C] initiative/[D] funding call-for-proposal/[E] research group
The interrelated topics of population growth and resource depletion are central to sustainability, and ideal topics for SFI
Potential for greater integration of conceptual foundations and applications is high; these are prototypical complex adaptive systems, and problems of the Commons are at the core as regards resource use, disease management, etc.
Would like to see even more-post-meeting integration of these topics.
I may work more on migration.
Reference material notes
- Here is [A] database on [B] that I pull data from to do [C] analysis that might be of interest to this group (insert link).
- Here is a free tool for calculating [ABC] (insert link)
- This painting/sculpture/forms of artwork is emblematic to our discussion on [X]!
- Schwartz et al. 2017 offers a review on [ABC] migration as relate to climatic factors (add the reference as well).
Ellner and Rees is overview of age-structured models
Espenshade papers introduce momentum
Arrow and Levin introduce notion of intergenerational transfer of resources
Keyfitz and Keyfitz introduce continuous-time models
|Title||Author name||Source name||Year||Citation count From Scopus. Refreshed every 5 days.||Page views||Related file|
|The McKendrick partial differential equation and its uses in epidemiology and population study||B. L. Keyfitz, N. Keyfitz||Mathematical and Computer Modelling||1997||64||10|
|Population momentum across the demographic transition||Laura Blue, Thomas J. Espenshade||Population and Development Review||2011||18||4|
|On Nonstable and Stable Population Momentum||Thomas J. Espenshade, Analia S. Olgiati, Simon A. Levin||Demography||2011||4||10|
|Intergenerational resource transfers with random offspring numbers||0||3|
|Age-structured and stage-structured population dynamics||0||10|
Presenter on the following Agenda items